In this very challenging time, the staff and board of BCFS want you to know that we have made the following changes to help flatten the viral curve and protect our customers and volunteers from COVID-19.
- We have told our wonderful, regular volunteers to stay home and relax.
- United Way of Bemidji is sending us small teams of volunteers to pack and distribute boxes.
- We have eliminated signatures and are using verbal affirmations.
- We have gone to a parking lot distribution of pre-packed boxes on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- We are offering limited deliveries to those who are unable to get to the food shelf.
- We are going the extra mile to clean and sanitize our work spaces.
- Our building is locked and only essential volunteers and staff are allowed to enter.
- We are maintaining six-foot distancing with exception of roommates or family members.
- We are continuing to distribute NAPS boxes to enrolled seniors.
We will make every effort to continue to serve our community as best we can. If there are any changes we will let you know. Please be patient and kind with each other and yourself!
Mary Mitchell, BCFS Executive Director