How you can help
We are grateful for both donations of goods and monetary donations, however please keep in mind that, because of special programs and wholesale purchasing opportunities, a dollar donated goes much further than yours does at the grocery store.
We receive donations of food, personal care and cleaning supplies M, W, and F from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at our warehouse delivery door on the south side of our building at 1260 Exchange Ave SE.
What can I donate?
- Personal care items
- Cleaning supplies
- Unopened food dated up to one year out
- Baby food with current dating
- Pet food
- Fresh garden produce
- Bow-shot venison processed at a licensed facility and frozen
- Gun-shot venison (must go through the Venison Donation Program – call 218-444-3580 for information)
- Cash – You can mail or drop off a check, or give online through PayPal here:
- You can donate through GiveMN here: https://www.givemn.org/organization/Bemidjifoodshelf
Please note: We cannot accept open food, home-processed food, or food dated over one year out.
Items we especially need:
- Personal Care items
- Canned meats
- Peanut Butter
If you are planning a large food collection or drive, the Food Shelf would like to hear about it. As a courtesy, please call the Food Shelf to let the staff know of your plans and share the excitement!
Please consider a bequest to the Bemidji Community Food Shelf. For more information, visit with your estate planner or financial advisor.