Interviewer Volunteer Position Description
Purpose: The Interviewer is the first contact our customers have at the food shelf. Interviewers collect information about the customer and enter it into the database. They inform the customer what they can expect to receive when they shop in the store.
- Greets customers with a smile and asks them for their identification
- Confirms any existing information in the database about the customer and updates as needed
- Creates new accounts for new customers
- Explains the quantities of goods the customer can expect to receive
- Provides information about additional resources available to the customer
- Completes Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS) paperwork if necessary
- Files paperwork
Responsible to: Mary Mitchell, Director of the Bemidji Community Food Shelf
Time Commitment: This is a position that requires training and is best suited towards committed, long term volunteers. The Interviewer can sign up on the calendar for the days they are available. Volunteers are needed Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Half day shifts are typical.
Useful Skills: Basic knowledge of computers and data entry, pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability, dependability.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. Typically potential volunteers will shadow an experienced interviewer multiple times to observe how to handle different situations. In addition, the Director will usually be available for questions and assistance.
Dress Code: Casual
Activity Level: The Interviewer has a mostly seated position in one of two offices.
How to Apply/ Contact Information: To sign up to volunteer as an interviewer, please contact Director Mary Mitchell at email@example.com or 218-444-6580.