Located at the Bemidji Community Food Shelf, the Farm Project has three primary goals:
- To provide high-quality fresh produce for Food Shelf customers and their families
- To provide opportunities for Food Shelf customers, their families and the community to learn gardening skills
- To provide community members the chance to contribute their time and talents
The Farm Project was started in 2013 by Food Shelf volunteers and community members and has been expanding steadily both in production and programming ever since.
We are dedicated to sustainable farming practices and employ cover cropping, crop rotation, mulching, and other organic approved crop management techniques. This helps us to reduce inputs, improve soil health, and grow really good food.
In addition to supplying a wide variety of produce to Food Shelf customers and their families, we have a number of other projects and programs.
The development of the Bemidji Community Food Shelf Farm Project is a 3 phase, multi-year process. To view the original plan and learn about this process, please click on the pdf linked below.
It’s time to start marking your calendars and signing up for Farm Volunteer Days here at BCFS!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link http://signup.com/go/YxdNkBi
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me, 218-444-6580 ext. 23 or firstname.lastname@example.org and I can sign you up manually.